To make it easier to find what you’re looking for, all candidature forms have been grouped under three broad headings: How to Apply for a Research Higher Degree, Candidature Matters, and Thesis Submission and Examination.
How to Apply for a Research Higher Degree
- Domestic Application for Higher Degree Research Candidature / Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Word, 170KB).
- Confidential Referee Report Form
- English Language Requirements for International and non-Permanent Resident Applicants
- Country and Language Codes (PDF, 40KB)
- Application for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship for Research Candidates Currently Enrolled at ACU (Word, 170KB)
- HDR Milestone Instructions – Instructions for each stage of formal review
- Variations to Candidature – Online form available on Orion. Complete the online form if you would like to request a suspension or an extension to your candidature and/or stipend scholarship; change your course load from full-time to part-time (or vice-versa); apply for sick leave or maternity leave; obtain approval to conduct research outside ACU; or obtain approval to change the title of your thesis. Log into Orion (https://orion.acu.edu.au/RME6/) using your ACU user name/password and select HDR/HDR forms to lodge a new application or to check the status of an existing application.
- Confirmation of Candidature form (Word 58KB)
- Resumption of Candidature (following leave) (Word, 110KB)
- Change of Supervision Arrangements (Word, 110KB)
- Withdrawal from Candidature (Word, 120KB)
- Application for Higher Degree Research Upgrade (Word, 120KB)
Thesis Submission and Examination
- Guidelines for Editing Research Theses
- Pre-submission of Thesis Seminar Form (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thesis Summary Form
- Certificate from the Supervisors (Form B)
- Submission Checklist (Form C)
- Layperson’s Summary (Form D)
- Appointment of Examiners (For Supervisors and Associate Deans (Research)
- Thesis Allowance Claim Form (Certain Stipend Scholarship holders only)
- Consent to Release Thesis for Perusal on the Internet Form