Sourcing funds for your research is integral to and an ongoing part of conducting and furthering your research strategy and career. In addition, external funds for research whether government or private, contribute to providing the University with money towards the infrastructure required to support research activities in the University.
ACU Research is the University’s Research Management Office (RMO) and partners with researchers to manage the submission process for research grant applications as well as ongoing administration of research grants and related contracts over the lifetime of each grant. ACU Research also manages research consultancies and ensures these are recorded on the University’s research database (ResearchMaster: RM).
Working closely with Faculty Associate Deans Research (ADRs) and Institute Senior Managers (Research Grant Development), the ACU Research Grants and Contracts Team (GCT) aims to provide high quality service and support to:
- identify and communicate research funding opportunities
- advise on funding scheme guidelines
- communicate grant application procedures
- develop, negotiate and execute research contracts
- liaise with funding agencies, sponsors or organisations (funding body)
- manage post-award processes
- assist in meeting the requirements of research funding bodies
- manage reporting process for internally-funded research (eg the ACURF – see below)
- record research projects and income.
Securing a research grant is becoming more competitive every year from an ever-diminishing pool of funds. ACU Research has a long-term goal of improving the success rate of our applicants by establishing effective infrastructure and constantly improving the efficiency of our processes.
Research Award for Women Academic Staff – applications now being accepted.
See Internal Funding Sources below for more details or go to: Research Awards for Women Academic Staff Policy