The Postgraduate Association (PGA) is a group run for students, by students. All postgraduate students—research and coursework—are automatically members of the PGA, and there is no fee to join.
The PGA has a national body, led by the national president and a local PGA on most campuses. Each local PGA has its own leadership group, and runs events related to the social and intellectual needs of postgraduate students. Events on each campus include some or all of the following:
- network/social dinners;
- focussed writing sessions;
- opportunities to discuss your research with other students;
- opportunities to develop your knowledge of theory;
- opportunities to hear how experts have applied their research in their careers beyond their degree; and
- opportunities for videoconferencing with other PGA campus events.
To get involved, contact the PGA on your campus:
Or, contact the National team: